Netherlands – Financial Controller
Due to our international growth, we are looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen our finance team. Do you have experience in independently taking care of the accounting of a company and are you looking for a job where you can be creative, have variety in your day to day as well as the opportunity to continuously develop yourself? If so, we are looking for you!
As Financial Controller you will be partly responsible for the financial administration of Yenlo. This is a diverse role in which a high degree of flexibility and independence is expected. You will work within the Yenlo Finance team, a small close-knit team consisting of three individuals. You will report directly to the CFO.
We are Yenlo, a global and leading player in IT integrations and connections. We connect all possible data and systems with one another through API and ESB driven technology as well as through our highly appraised Connext platform. Our customer portfolio consists of several large and medium-sized corporates, banks and government agencies. Yenlo currently employs 85 people (18 of whom are staff) and this number is growing every month.
Yenlo has offices in various countries, with its headquarters located in Schiphol-Rijk. The accounting with regards to Dutch operating companies is carried out by Yenlo Finance. The accounting of foreign operating companies is conducted by external accountants with whom you will work closely together. The accounting being done is further characterized by intercompany exchanges of consultants and services, revenue accountability via the WIP-method and automated invoice processing (Basecone). Yenlo has recently become obliged to audit annual accounts due to which the theme surrounding a correct AO-IC setup has become important.
As Financial Controller you will be involved in:
● Processing financial administrative data (responsible for debtors, creditors, invoices and payments for various Yenlo entities);
● Processing intercompany transactions;
● Setting up and using online administrations (in particular AFAS Profit and Exact Online);
● Keeping track of the general ledger;
● Preparing the monthly and annual closing;
● Providing reports to government agencies, such as the Tax and Customs Administration and Statistics Netherlands;
● Checking the payroll;
● Preparing budgets and forecasts;
● Ensuring accurate management information;
● Contributing to a correct AO-IC
● You have an academic working or higher professional education level.
● A higher professional education in Accounting, Accountancy or Business Administration is strongly preferred. An MBO education must be supplemented with at least 5 years of relevant work experience and demonstrable development.
● You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in business services. You have previously worked with monthly and annual closings, and you understand how consolidation works.
● System knowledge: AFAS Profit experience is a strong advantage. Experience with other systems such as Exact Online, Quickbooks, LIFT and Lucanet are useful to have.
● You are detail-oriented, you work meticulously, you deliver high quality and you are honest. In addition, you are someone who likes to socialize and roll up your sleeves.
● You are fluent in Dutch and English.
The vacancy is to be filled through the means of a 32-40 workweek. You will receive the following terms of employment:
● A good primary salary;
● 8% holiday pay;
● A bonus regulation based on company targets
● 27 holidays on a full-time contract;
● Laptop and mobile phone with a subscription paid for;
● Internet allowance;
● Company pension plan and disability insurance.