Netherlands – Bid Manager
Stirred by our international growth ambitions and increasing number of tenders we are taking part in, we are looking to hire a Bid Manager. Are you an experienced writer of offers and tenders in ICT and do you prefer to work with experts in their respective field to come up with irresistible deals? Are you commercially focused, not easily stressed by deadlines, and do have the right level of persuasiveness? If so, we are looking for you!
We are Yenlo, a global leading expert in WSO2 technology and services.
We interconnect all possible data systems through solution architecture, software development and our Connext Integration SaaS platform, based on the essential requirements of safety, security, better management and simple logic. Our solutions are uniquely designed to comply with today’s standards for an agile approach and offer all components needed for successful digital businesses. Moreover, we also supply knowledge and intensive training and support.
As a Bid Manager, you will organize everything that is concerned with the drawing up of an offer or tender application. This could be public tenders as well as (multiple) private procurement procedures in Yenlo’s focus areas. This position has a highly responsible character and requires distinct coordination skills, tact and commercial perceptiveness. Not only the internal stakeholders have to agree with your product suggestions, your offers should also be commercially interesting with high odds to win tenders.
The role you take on during a proposal traject changes from project to project. At times you will guide the process and review the text provided by a team, yet during other procedures you will need to write the quotation or tender partially yourself. All in all a dynamic position in which you will cooperate with different colleagues each project and have plenty of room for your own creativity and entrepreneurship. In this role you are part of our (international) Sales Team and report to and work alongside our Europe Director of Sales.
A Bid Manager will work on
- The writing process of (complex) quotations;
- Tender applications;
- Cooperation with specialist in drawing up quotations;
- Writing of commercial pieces to maximize the possibility of winning tenders;
- Winning the support of the (commercial) management and delivery management for project execution;
- Holding and chairing meetings and keeping everyone informed about all relevant information to quickly make sound decisions;
- Creates a broad outline and also sets and monitors boundaries and deadlines;
- Formulates questions for clients to clarify the requests;
- Plans and coordinates the whole tender process, including reviewing rounds and final drafting;
- Co-writing of responses based on personal knowledge or knowledge of acquired from interviews;
- Reviewing and editing of the full document to achieve a consistent writing style (consistent use of terminology, correct cross-referencing and grammar);
- Checking whether the offer complies to all formal requirements and whether all requested documentation is correctly presented;
- Participation in tender-evaluations with clients;
- Support ongoing professionalisation of tender processes;
- Carries the responsibility for the complete quotation/tender process.
Our wish list:
- You have 2-5 years of relevant work experience in tender, bidding or project management in the ICT industry;
- Your intellectual and professional skills are at an academic level (HBO or higher);
- You have a degree in any of the following fields commercial economics, business administration, MER (Management, Economics and Law) or communication;
- You are inquisitive, dynamic, thorough, creative, stress proof and result oriented;
- You are commercially skilled and persuasive;
- You have experience in editing documents on complex matters;
- You know how to create momentum in a team and make them go for gold!;
- You got great communicative skills;
- excellent writing skills are a must have;
- Exceptional command of both Dutch and Engelse (German is another great plus);
- A valid driving licence category B and willingness to travel inside the Netherlands and abroad.
We offer you a full-time job (40 hours per week), with excellent benefits:
- A great primary salary
- 8% holiday pay
- 27 holidays
- Lease car
- Cellphone with plan
- Collective pension plan