San Francisco, 20 February 2017. During the WSO2 conference USA 2017, where Yenlo as premier partner of WSO2 is one of the silver sponsors, WSO2 announced their new version of the WSO2 IoT Server. This new version is full of new features and important enhancements. Read all about these new features in WSO2 IoT Server 3.0.0 in this post.
The new version of the WSO2 IoT server now also integrates all the good from the WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager (EMM). This version is a significant upgrade to WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager 2.2.0, and offers enterprise IoT solutions as well as mobile device and app management in one download. It is seems to me that the WSO2 EMM will slowly disappear while the IoT server will raspidly take over all the existing functionalities.
So, what’s new in the WSO2 IoT Server 3.0.0 (WS02 IOT) latest version?
Mobile device and app management
Here we directly see the integration on EMM with the IoT server from WSO2.
- Implement self-service device enrollment and management for iOS, Android and Windows devices
- Leverage multi-tenancy to ensure data isolation across all tenants
- Adopt managed APIs to perform administrative functions
Enterprise IoT solutions
- Seamlessly integrate Android-powered devices or connect to other device types through your own plug-ins
- Leverage built-in support for IoT protocols or write your own via extensions
- Build advanced industrial IoT solutions with seamless integration and advanced analytics
How cool it is to real-time analyse your datasteams coming for all kinds of IoT devices and push that information to other devices, like smart phone, for alerting purposes. I mean, massive datastreams.
That is possible now with the combination of the IoT server and the WSO2 DAS server. Now there is support for batch, interactive, real-time and predictive analytics through WSO2 Data Analytics Server (DAS).
Visualization support for sensor readings
- View instant, visualized statistics of devices
- Traverse through, analyze and zoom in and out of filtered data
- Stats-API to write your own visualization
- Pre-built graphs for common sensor reading types like temperature, velocity and more
API Management for App Development
- All connected devices are exposed via managed REST APIs. This is of course an extreme cool function, connect dirtectly to your device with th help of an one-on-one API
- API Store for easy discovery of all product/device APIs for app development
All these functions were added by the usage of the WSO2 API manager and API gateway solution.
Identity and Access Management
- Identity Management for devices
- Token-based access control for devices & operations (protect back-end services via exposing device type APIs)
- Support for SCEP protocol (encryption and authenticity)
All these functions were added by the usage of the WSO2 Identity Server.
Is that it?
For this release it is. As you can see, many new cool features which improves this WSO2 IoT server product a lot. The WSO2 team will continue add more features to the already rich IoT solution of WSO2. More to come this year or early next year I guess. Read here all announcements made during the WSO2Con US 2017. Or even better: download our white paper and Go Digital. An easy step-by-step approach for your Digital Transformation.